Friday 1 January 2010

Two weeks later.......

It's been a crazy fortnight!

I’ve had 5 enquiries about purchasing my business/website/brand and have a few meetings in January about potential jobs. You could have knocked me down with a feather; I wasn’t expecting that response. In 2 weeks time everything will be done and dusted and Beluga in its current form, will be gone. The chapter will be closed and I will be stepping into the great unknown.

One of the things that took me by surprise after I posted the last blog was the response from those I chat to on Twitter. So many people got in touch to say that they were unhappy with something in their life and that my announcement encouraged them to start making changes and gave them food for thought. I think that’s pretty cool.

Four years ago today I was in A&E with a fractured skull after slipping in the bath and smashing the back of my head. Two inches to the right and I’d be paralysed, if the bath water hadn’t drained away I wouldn’t be here typing this now. It was a very painful and frightening experience, I lost a lot of my memory and for a long time it took away my confidence. I did however learn a very valuable lesson, that life is too short.

Last night I checked my watch at 11.45pm and actually jumped up and down with excitement waiting for the bells to bring in the New Year. I was singing, dancing and laughing with my arms wrapped round the people I love and a huge smile on my face. What does 2010 have in store for me? I have no idea. I feel exceptionally lucky. I have amazing friends, I have my health and I have a penchant for walking on the sunny side of the street, even when it’s raining.

Wishing you a very Happy New Year. Here’s to 2010, a new beginning, a new decade, a new adventure?

Annie x

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is too short, unfortunately for some people it takes a major incident in their life for them to appreciate that and make a change. For many others the changes are never made and they end up old and unhappy not understanding what happened to their lives.

    Good luck in your new venture/job and may 2010 bring you everything you wish for!

    ReplyDelete